Our search committee can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Description – Senior Pastor
The Senior Pastor is to be a person of God, who has ordered their life in compliance with the teaching of Scripture as stated in 1 Timothy 3:1-7.
To have general oversight of the ministry of LHBC.
1. Have demonstrated gifts and experience in preaching and teaching.
2. Must demonstrate strong moral and ethical character
3. Agrees with the Statement of Beliefs of the North American Baptists
4. Must evidence the biblical pastoral qualifications (Titus 1:6-9; 1 Timothy 3:1-7)
5. Agree to the Constitution and By-laws, of Lakeview Heights Baptist Church.
6. Believe that God has truly called them into the ministry.
7. Minimum of a bachelor’s degree with a Pastoral or Church Leadership focus.
8. Must have excellent communication skills
9. Will have previous leadership experience.
10. Will have demonstrated ability to balance work, and home responsibilities.
1. Preach during worship services and special events.
2. Teach truths of Gods Word in small and large group settings.
3. Provide leadership to Administrative and Pastoral staff.
4. Provide oversight and direction to the weekly worship services, and special events, including weddings and funerals
5. Serve on the Deacons Committee and Church Board, as defined in LHBC bylaws.
6. Administer the ordinances of the Lord Supper, and Baptism.
7. Provide first line counselling as appropriate. LHBC preference is to refer to Professional Christian Counsellor.
8. In partnership with church leaders, plan ministry to carry out LHBC Vision Statement.
9. Give Pastoral care and leadership to all ages at LHBC.
10. Daily seek God, through His Word and prayer, for wisdom to effectively lead LHBC.