We would be happy to pray for you. Submit a prayer request to us below:
PRAYER AND PRAISE
- Our deepest sympathy goes out to Walter and Vi Sieb at the passing of Vi’s brother, Larry Holland. Pray for God’s love, comfort and strength to surround them in this difficult time.
- Pray for the Wald family at the passing of Rob’s mom, Jacquie Wald. Please pray for God’s love, strength and comfort for the entire family during this difficult time.
- Pray for the Miller/Butler families as they mourn the loss of a young extended family member.
- Pray for those who were injured in the Toronto van attack. Continue to pray also for the families and friends of those who lost their lives in this attack.
- Praise God that Presley Nevdoff’s check up appointments went well in Memphis, Tennessee last week. Continue to pray for her to be cancer free.
- Pray for Pastor Gamal Makar and the Christians we support in Damascus, Syria. There has been an increase in violence and bombings in their neighborhood in recent weeks. Pray for God’s wisdom and strength in the midst of this conflict.
- Pray for Bruce Stead who is suffering from a severe fall.
Telephone Prayer Chain Ministry
Several people have committed themselves to be part of a ministry of prayer whereby they will immediately pray for any need that is sent through the prayer chain and will continue to pray for it as the Lord brings it to mind. These requests are kept confidential by those who are on the prayer chain.
If you have a prayer request you would like on the prayer chain, please contact Ruth Luck (250-862-8622).
Contenders Prayer Partner Ministry – Colossians 4:12
By committing to this ministry of prayer we are saying, as a church, that we believe that prayer changes us into the likeness of Christ. We pray because of the great privilege to commune with God and in response to the command to pray for one another. The ministry of prayer is first and foremost a step of obedience, and then an act of servanthood not only to Christ, but to His local Body at Lakeview Heights.
What Do Prayer Partners Commit themselves to?
First, they commit themselves to praying at least fifteen minutes, on the day they are assigned, for the ministry area and concern which is the focus for that day of the week. Schedules are provided. Second, they commit to pray each week in this manner for the entire calendar year. Third, in no way does this schedule limit our prayers. The Holy Spirit directs us on how we should pray, using the schedule as a guide.
Prayer partners receive a Contenders Prayer Update periodically. This update communicates specific prayer requests that may arise, as well as encourages prayer partners in the ministry of prayer.
If you wish to join the prayer partner team, please contact the church office or Pastor Lyndon.
Care Shawl Ministry
The Care Shawl Ministry is for people who can knit or crochet shawls for those who are going through times of physical illness or some kind or other personal crisis. At the time the crisis becomes known the care shawl is gifted to the individual with a special note of love, informing them that every stitch was prayed over and crafted n love. The idea is that people would receive the shawl as a tangible expression or care in their time of need and also to provide a little practical warmth. If you would like to be involved in this ministry or know of a need please contact the church office at 250 769-5922.