We would be happy to pray for you. Submit a prayer request to us below:
PRAYER AND PRAISE
- Our deepest sympathies goes out to Alex, Nicole, Izzy and Asher Koziski at the passing of Alex’s dad. Pray for God’s peace, comfort and love for the whole family as they go through this difficult time.
- Pray for Stella Sorensen who is in Cottonwoods rehabing from hip replacement surgery.
- Pray for Bruce Stead who is suffering from severe back problems.
- Pray for Sev Gobbato who is now home recovering from surgery for burns on his feet. Pray for healing, God’s strength and peace for Sev and his wife Randi.
- Pray for Ron Belanger who is at home recovering from recent heart problems.
- Pray for Bunnie Hanson who is at home recovering from ankle surgery.
Telephone Prayer Chain Ministry
Several people have committed themselves to be part of a ministry of prayer whereby they will immediately pray for any need that is sent through the prayer chain and will continue to pray for it as the Lord brings it to mind. These requests are kept confidential by those who are on the prayer chain.
If you have a prayer request you would like on the prayer chain, please contact Ruth Luck (250-862-8622).
Contenders Prayer Partner Ministry – Colossians 4:12
By committing to this ministry of prayer we are saying, as a church, that we believe that prayer changes us into the likeness of Christ. We pray because of the great privilege to commune with God and in response to the command to pray for one another. The ministry of prayer is first and foremost a step of obedience, and then an act of servanthood not only to Christ, but to His local Body at Lakeview Heights.
What Do Prayer Partners Commit themselves to?
First, they commit themselves to praying at least fifteen minutes, on the day they are assigned, for the ministry area and concern which is the focus for that day of the week. Schedules are provided. Second, they commit to pray each week in this manner for the entire calendar year. Third, in no way does this schedule limit our prayers. The Holy Spirit directs us on how we should pray, using the schedule as a guide.
Prayer partners receive a Contenders Prayer Update periodically. This update communicates specific prayer requests that may arise, as well as encourages prayer partners in the ministry of prayer.
If you wish to join the prayer partner team, please contact the church office or Pastor Lyndon.
Care Shawl Ministry
The Care Shawl Ministry is for people who can knit or crochet shawls for those who are going through times of physical illness or some kind or other personal crisis. At the time the crisis becomes known the care shawl is gifted to the individual with a special note of love, informing them that every stitch was prayed over and crafted n love. The idea is that people would receive the shawl as a tangible expression or care in their time of need and also to provide a little practical warmth. If you would like to be involved in this ministry or know of a need please contact the church office at 250 769-5922.